Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ah-ha!

No, not the band with who sang, "Take on me." I just had an A-ha moment of my own!

This morning I started watching Bones and in the pilot episode, they have Dr. Brennan coming in at Dulles Airport and in one of the scenes, they have planes taking off with the White House in the background. Now, I drive past Dulles Airport every day. In fact, I work in what they consider the Dulles Corridor and I know for sure you can't see the White House from there. I even told my husband that the only way that could happen was if you were at Reagan National Airport. It drove me crazy all morning so I "Wikipedia'd" it and it says:

The first scene featuring the characters Angela Montenegro and Dr. Temperance Brennan inside Washington Dulles International Airport was actually shot at Los Angeles Convention Center, while the opening shot of a plane landing was taken from footages filmed at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.
I'm just glad to know I'm not crazy. I've never actually been inside Dulles, but the airport they filmed did look fancier than I'd imagined Dulles would be.

I guess that's the problem when shows are filmed near where you've lived and worked all your life. I'm sure this won't be the first time...

But other than that, I loved the pilot and can't wait to watch more! I do love me some David Boreanaz...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment