Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sticking to it

Now that I've set a date and started a plan, I have to force myself to stick to it. The problem with me and my short attention span is that I'll be determined to do it one minute and talk myself out it the next. But this time, I refuse to let myself do that. I'm going to tell as many people as I can that I'm quitting so that it will be harder for me to put it off or not do it all.

I haven't decided what method to use it. I've tried the patch and it works pretty well, but the only problem with it is that I got kind of addicted to the patch, so it felt like a crutch. Like I hadn't totally quit. I tried the cold turkey way and it actually worked for awhile. Until something bad happened and I just got sucked right back in. I could go to the doctor and get one of those pills they recommend, but again it feels like a crutch, not to mention, I've always been leery of taking any medication.

But it's all part of this planning period. Maybe I'll try the gum. We'll see. Just as long as I stick to the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment